April 11, 2010

Ellsbury: Rib Contusion, X-Rays Negative

Jacoby Ellsbury was initially worried he had broken a rib or two after colliding with Adrian Beltre in foul territory in the ninth inning on Sunday. Post-game x-rays were negative.
It's sore, but I'll be fine. He kneed me right in the ribs ... I'm sure there's quite a bit of swelling because it is tough to breathe but I think I'll be fine. ... As long as nothing is broken, I guess it's [a matter of] pain tolerance. ... I know it's going to be really sore tomorrow. I also hit my hip pretty good.
Tuesday is an off-day, so the cautious thing to do would be to give Ellsbury the day off tomorrow and see how he feels on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Chan Ho Park tells reporters why he had such a shitty first game of 2010 then pitched 3 scoreless innings in Game 3.

The nicknames that could come out of this.... what to choose?!

tim said...

Saw this, looked nasty - hope this isn't one of those lowrieish injuries that keeps coming up all season

SoSock said...

I really don't like the sound of this. Like Tim said, is this going to be one of those nagging pains all year that affects Laura's boy?
Let's hope not. Maybe a few days off would be a good move