February 21, 2009

(More) Ortiz on Presinal

Amalie Benjamin spoke with David Ortiz today about trainer Angel Presinal. The Globe has audio and a transcript:
AB: Were you ever trained by Presinal?

Ortiz: Of course. Yeah, like I said, I've known him for a long time. All I know from him is he teaches how to keep our bodies ready, working out, teaching how to do the right exercises and things like that. ... He's been doing that for years. ...

AB: So he never pushed steroids?

Ortiz: No, no. Not at all.

AB: Are you worried that people will now associate you with steroids?

Ortiz: I'm not worried about that. I said what I had to say and that's about it.
Flo also took some live BP.

13 comments:

andy said...

Did you guys give up on this thing or are there really no comments on this thread?

Benjamin said...

They were overcome by the sheer awesomeness of Youk's new mustache. Get well soon, Laura and Allan.

laura k said...

OMG that is hideous. Why doesn't this man shave and get it over with?

Benjamin said...

If you haven't noticed, when Youk's clean shaven he looks like an unwrapped beef salami. He has to work with what he's got.

laura k said...

Indeed I have noticed. I prefer an unwrapped beef salami to an unwrapped beef salami with a hideous mustache slapped on it.

We all have to work with what we've got, but there's no need to add insult to injury.

Benjamin said...

See also RSM on Youk, and Center Field on the other photos from photo day..

Benjamin said...

(Also Ump Bump from last year.)

Gambrinus said...

Youk is just...not going to be a pretty man no matter what he does with his facial hair. He might as well accept that fact and go with something intimidating.

On the plus side I imagine being a professional athlete has some sway with the ladies.

laura k said...

On the plus side I imagine being a professional athlete has some sway with the ladies.

Some sway, heh. Yes.

laura k said...

He might as well accept that fact and go with something intimidating.

I think the facial-hair-intimidation strategy may be a bit over-rated. Are there MLB players who are actually psyched out by a beard? I sure hope not.

andy said...

Jeter is. Oh he is married to one.

Benjamin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Benjamin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.