March 1, 2008

Lester Wild In Spring Debut, Sox Win

Jon Lester pitched only 1+ innings this afternoon, facing four batters in the second inning. He allowing two hits and five runs and threw a wild pitch.

Two runs in the 8th inning -- a Dusty Brown home run and Brandon Moss's RBI single -- gave Boston a 7-6 win. Jacoby Ellsbury went 0-for-3 with a walk.
Red Sox - 030 002 020 - 7 13 1
Twins - 140 010 000 - 6 8 1
Jonathan Papelbon pitched the fourth inning. SoSH reports:
Mauer (b) groundball single
Young (ffbf) K swinging
Morneau (cffbbb) GIDP 4-6-3
Bot took the mound wearing a Manny Ramirez jersey. "I could feel the dreadlocks flowing. I just forgot my jersey and sure enough, they seem to always have an extra Manny jersey laying around here due to the circumstances. It looked better than #99."

Papelbon also talked about the migraines he suffered last season, noting that there were at least two nights where he told Terry Francona he was incapacitated.

Tim Wakefield makes his first start tomorrow afternoon against the Twins. Clay Buchholz, Hideki Okajima and Javier Lopez are also expected to pitch.

4 comments:

allan said...

Anyone get the feeling I don't have much to do at work today? :>)

Patrick said...

It's appreciated Redsock.

I love critically judging everything that happens in spring training, even though it doesn't mean too much.

I'm psyched about Buch Wild pitching tomorrow!!!

I'm beginning to feel like Ococ is our man, and will prove it to us.

It looks like the guys who do great early (Youk and Lowell) are doing great. I expect they'll be carrying us along in April and May. I hope we can give enough time to the Mayor to keep those two going after the ASB. I have faith in Tito.

Rob said...

I find it very comical that the Red Sox keep an extra Manny Jersey on hand...

I also feel great about Ococ, and I really think he is our starter right now... but he did have a helluva spring training in 2006...

allan said...

a Dusty Brown home run

I didn't feel right typing "a Dusty Brown dong"!