July 3, 2007

Programming Note

I have been more than a little remiss in posting any news (outside of game posts and New York tabloids) for a little while.

Over the past few years, the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) has teamed up with Rounder Books to publish histories of various Red Sox teams, including the 1967 and the 1975 teams. The third book will be on the 1918 team. I'm putting the finishing touches on my portion of the project and JoS should be back at full strength after the All-Star break.

The 1918 book will offer extensive bios of all 32 players who suited up for Boston that season, plus photographs and a day-by-day timeline. I've seen rough draft bios for two of the lesser-known players and am astounded at the depth of research. I researched and wrote about the 1918 team for nearly six years and I guarantee that most of the information in the SABR/Rounder book has never been published before. I can't wait to read it.

No comments: